Tips for Sellers
Selling your home shouldn't be a stressful ordeal. Making the smart move of choosing a REALTOR® is your first step to ensuring that your investment in your home pays off. My services and experience allow you to focus on your move while I manage your home sale from our initial consultation to the closing deal, and beyond. I pride myself on repeat business and hope you'll come to understand why.
WHY YOU SHOULD USE AN AGENT TO LIST YOUR HOME
AS YOUR AGENT, I WILL:
- Complete a comparative market analysis that will compare your home's value to that of your neighbors.
- Compile a comprehensive plan detailing all the efforts I will employ to sell your home, including Internet and local media. Listings loaded by an agent are seen by over 2500 agents and I employ the services of other software and services that load my listings on 7 national websites (including Realtor.com). These sites are not accessible to "For Sale by Owners".
- Prepare a virtual tour of your home, which automatically is loaded to 5 national websites. This tour is also is loaded on my website (which is uploaded to 7 national websites), and is loaded on Realtor.com.
- Present your home to realtors via the MLS Caravan of Homes.
- Present your home to as many qualified buyers as possible getting your home maximum exposure.
- Coordinate the home showing process
- Help you stage your home and generate curb appeal to ensure you get the highest price.
- Obtain and present all offers, and act as your negotiater to obtain the highest possible price athe the lowest cost to you.
- Schedule and coordinate completion of contingencies and inspections.
- Monitor the buyers loan process.
- Coordinate and supervise the preparation of all clsoing documents and guide you through the closing process.
- Help you find your next home and answer all of your questions about the local market area, including schools, neighborhoods, the local economy, and more.
Data compiled in 2003 by the National Association of Realtors showed that buyers first learned about the home they purchased from:
REAL ESTATE AGENT - 41%
YARD SIGN - 16%
INTERNET - 11%
NEWSPAPER AD - 7%
FRIEND, RELATIVE OR NEIGHBOR - 7%
BUILDER - 7%
KNEW THE SELLER - 4%
HOME BOOK OR MAGAZINE - 1%
OTHER - 6%
THE MAJORITY OF BUYERS EMPLOY REALTORS TO FIND THEM A HOME!
WANT TO KNOW WHAT YOUR HOME IS WORTH?
What are homes selling for on your street? Feel free to contact me to find out what neighborhood homes are selling for, free of charge, or to receive a more detailed analysis of the value of your home.
HOW WE WILL GET THE HIGHEST PRICE FOR YOUR HOUSE
Curb appeal is key and could make a difference whether people stop and take a flyer, or drive right by. Here are a few tips to increase the curb appeal of your home. Staging your home is important. Many buyers will stay in your home longer if it's staged appropriately. I have compiled some ideas to present your home in the most effective manner.
CLOSING COSTS TO EXPECT:
- Title insurance fees depend on the sales price of the home.
- Broker's commission is a full-service fee and will cost anywhere between 5% to 7%.
- Local property transfer tax, county transfer tax, state transfer tax, and state capital gains tax are the charges that you'll pay for the privilege of selling your home. Credit to the buyer of unpaid real estate taxes for the prior or current year are variable and depend on when you close and when your taxes are due.
- There are negotiable closing costs that ARE negotiable between the buyer and seller.
- Termite letters are required in our area. Even if you have regular inspections, there is a letter required at closing.
- Miscellaneous fees can accrue from correcting problems noticed during the home inspection.